Wednesday, October 28, 2009

TROY DUFFY ON THE BDS COMIC SERIES

(Read the full interview by clicking the Title link above):

I know that you guys also have a prequel comic of sorts for ‘Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day’. What can you tell us about that project?

Yeah, that is a buddy of ours who is in the comic book business and we had always thought about doing a comic book. We are making a deal with him to do the comic book and I will have a lot to do with that. One of the reasons we did it is because fans were so interested in Il Duce’s past and that is why I addressed it in the film. They wanted to know why he became a killer, why they didn’t know that they were father and sons and what was going on with this guy. They were really interested so I responded directly to the fanbase’s inquiries and addressed it in the film and we are making a whole comic book series out of it. I think that it is just a cool idea, ya know? An Italian kid with polio and this brutal Irish guy whose father has been killed, indiscriminately killing mobsters, way back in 1950’s New York and planning out each gig to blame it on someone else, to me that type of storytelling is gold.

No comments: