Friday, July 31, 2009

General Update

Just a quick note or two...as you can now see, 12 Gauge has been busy very over the last year, even if there was not a lot of news released to the public.

A little over a week ago our new website started rolling out. When it is done (which should be soon) it will be one of the best in the industry. I loved the old site, but wanted to keep moving forward, and this site will help us do that.

As you might have heard, 12 Gauge is now publishing some comics outside of our long-time partner, Image Comics (see below). This was simply a business decision that made sense for the two books we recently announced. At this point in time I have no reason to believe 12 Gauge won't publish more books through Image, but we'll also be spreading our wings a bit to see how things go. There is certainly no bad blood or anything for the gossip columns; this was simply a business decision on what was best for the new books.

Speaking of those new books, the creation of the LUKE MCBAIN series has been a blast! I've made a lot of trips to Nashville over the past year to help put this deal together, and all of them have been fun. Now, after all the hard work, it has been a real joy to hear the reaction. I was worried about how it would be received in comic book circles, but the feedback has blown me away. David Tischman has written a great story, Brian Stelfreeze has knocked the first cover out of the park, and Kody Chamberlain has given LUKE MCBAIN a life all his own. Sitting at our booth during Comic-Con was when I knew we had a hit. Fans that don't know what country music sounds like were looking at the material, grabbing a MCBAIN poster and asking me when it would be released because they wanted to make sure they didn't miss it.

BOONDOCK SAINTS...what can I say!?! This is a dream come true. I love the movie and can't wait to see ALL SAINTS DAY. Without a doubt the BDS fans are the best in the world (sorry TWILIGHT, not even close). The crew that showed up for our Troy Duffy signing was so fired up it was simply infectious. Once our release date is locked in you retailers better watch out; your UPS driver might not make it to the door with his boxes (I'm kidding, of course. Well, maybe). Keep checking right here for more info...as soon as I have it, I'll post it.

Post Comic-Con I'd like to thank a few folks that helped me keep my sanity last week; Doug Wagner (because it simply could not be done without him), Jana Cook (for always offering your help), as well as David, Kody, Eben, Adam, Jason, Danielle, Brittany, Ford, Thomas, and Heath...all of you helped me out in some form or fashion, and it is greatly appreciated.

I'll also add, I'm really glad July is over. It was a great month, one that was very critical for 12 Gauge, but DAMN, I need some rest! I'm too old to live off of 4 and 5 hours of sleep each night.

Hello August!

No comments: